Saturday, November 7, 2009

Art Quilt Australia 09

Still thankyou for all the encouraging words regarding my quilt publicity! I have since seen a digital version of the article in DUQ and am quite excited about how its looking! Also, for those who asked, the WAQA presentation went well the other night. At least, I was very happy with how it went. Although I was very nervous about it, I try to view occasions like this as good learning opportunities, which it was! An added bonus was the feedback and encouragement received on my work. That always gives me new enthusiasm for my quiltmaking!

Art Quilt Australia 09
opens at Craft ACT tonight.

Art Quilt Australia 09 is an initiative of the Ozquilt Network Inc and Craft ACT. Selected works make up this major exhibition drawing on the finest contemporary Australian art quilters. Coinciding with the 2009 Ozquilt Network national seminar to be held in Canberra. (from the Craft ACT website)

It will run till 19 Dec, so if you are anywhere close, do go and see it! My quilt 'What does YOUR family look like?' is included. I hope to post a picture of this sometime next week. Meanwhile, if you go, I would love to hear how you experienced the exhibition!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

It was wonderful to read your profile in Down Under Quilts and to see large images of both your gum blossom and family works. Unfortunately I cannot get to the exhibition in Canberra so I look forward to you sharing your quilt online.