Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ticked off

Well, its Thursday, and my goals have been met... the elm quilt is quilted, the house has been springcleaned from top to bottom, the car has been washed, the baby clothes have been pulled out of storage and washed, the herb garden has been planted, the christmas cards are stamped and ready to drop into the post box, the bulk of the holiday groceries have been ordered and packed away, and the birth announcement cards have been designed...
Now I'm waiting for the kettle to boil so I can enjoy a coffee, while I eagerly anticipate new projects! I'm hoping that the next week will hold a nice variety of sketching, piecing a new quilt top, sewing elephants, reading and probably some kids craft thrown in for good measure... sort of a little stay-at-home holiday as we count down towards Phils return!
One less-anticipated project will be to cut out a new quilt top, for when I have spare time to sew after the baby comes. I know, go ahead and laugh... but just imagine how frustrating it would be if I DO get spare time to sew, only to find there is nothing to sew! I like to be prepared! Last week I dyed some browns and skin-tones for this, with good results. After my recent experiments with red, I am now using a better quality homespun, and managed to find a source where I can get this at wholesale prices, which I'm rather happy about!

6 comments:

Viv said...

Are you 'nesting' already? Are you sure the baby's not coming next week?

Ruth said...

No, not nesting... I probably should have explained myself better... We are looking forward to 10 days camping and then 2 weeks of swimming lessons before the baby comes, so I wanted all these things done sooner rather than later. Also, my day currently begins at 5am, thanks to Caleb, which gives me a nice long day in which to work. I also like to keep extra busy while Phil's away, and like everything to be clean and organised for when he gets back... that's just how I like to work!

Anonymous said...

Four words for the 5am wake ups - Tin Foil On Windows! Paige has it on her window (it's a a highlight and it stays on all year round) or she's up with the sparrows.

Well done for all the ticking off!

bronya said...

I thought I had had a productive week until now *sob sob* ... i've just read your post and had to add some things to my to do list ... like Christmas cards ... you are an organised inspiration, it must feel good to be ticking those boxes and to be looking forward to some holidays

bronya said...

oh ... and cute kettle belly :)

Helen said...

And I do also hope that you read a chapter out of your book like the midwife told you to! :)
It was so good to talk to you the other day. Hope time keeps going quickly and productively till Phil returns.
Love you!