Monday, January 4, 2010

Wishing you a blessed new year!

Well, happy new year to you all! I know I should be writing a deeply philosophical post here, reflecting on 2009 and anticipating 2010, but I don't think my baby brain is up to that right now!

As always is it is humbling to consider how God has blessed my quiltmaking, also this past year when I didn't find half as much time to sew as I would have liked! That's partly due to constant efforts to keep my sewing in balance with my other tasks around home - always a challenge, but something which I think worked quite well in 2009!

I don't foresee a whole lot more sewing happening in 2010 yet, what with 'Flossie' making an appearance within the next three weeks, all being well. Nevertheless, I do hope to keep working away at my 'childhood' themed quilts and ideas. My goal is to be in a position at the end of this year to be able to commit to a new solo exhibition, the Lord willing!

2009 was my first 'blog year'. This blog was begun with some trepidation, as I have never been much of a journal keeper, but I find that I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping this blog. Being more housebound than in previous years, your feedback (verbal, blog comments and emails) from this blog has been very important to me! Thankyou!

I am very thankful for the opportunities I have to create and share my work! I am especially thankful for such a supportive husband. Without his support, I wouldn't be doing any of this!

On a more personal level, God blessed us in so many ways again in the past year - we all finished the year safe and well, also after many overseas trips between Phil and myself. Phil and I have both been able to enjoy our daily work. Our housebuilding project is going extremely well. And we have three happy, healthy kids, who also happen to be my biggest challenge in life! We look forward to new experiences, opportunities and challenges in the service of the Lord, in 2010.

No comments: