Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Juggling and cycling... and sewing, of course!

For some time now I have felt like I have been juggling a few too many balls, and am barely keeping them aloft. Well, another big one just came bouncing in and sent the others flying in every direction! It looks something like this...We have decided that it is time to put our house on the market. That means a whole lot of sorting, packing, chucking, bringing-to-the-opshops, cleaning, patching, painting and so on. I actually feel ok about this one. I have spent the last two days packing away a whole lot of stuff - our house is cluttered up with all sorts of 'stuff', so I'm emptying the cupboards of the gear we don't often need, so that everything else lying about can be put behind cupboard doors... On Friday I packed 14 boxes of books - and that was just the books that didn't fit on our bookshelves anymore... :) ...
While I feel like I can manage this new work, I do know that having my space turned upsidedown is going to affect my creativity and productivity in the next little while. One factor in my favour though, is the fact that it is 'tour-time'. Phil and I have developed a little tradition of a 'working-stay-at-home holiday' during the Tour de France. Usually our evenings are spent working, but for three weeks in July, our teeny-tiny TV comes out of storage, the pantry is stocked up with chocolate, and we enjoy three weeks of late nights and France and cycling... and sewing... I like to make the most of the three weeks of late evenings to get some serious sewing in, so while my days are chaos, I'm counting on many evenings of the Tour to get my latest quilt-top finished!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aahh.... and isn't it nice to see all the lovely French chateaus, villages and scenery? Doesn't it bring back memories? For the first time I am actually enjoying watching, also because we have the luxury of a relatively early start on TV. We haven't got out the chocolate yet, but it's only a matter of time ....
Love, Chris