Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weakening

I have been ruthless in my packing. I've done most of what I can, at this point. That includes my fabric stash (well, everything except those upholstery remnants, and the hand-dyed fabric I use for my quilt-tops). I told myself rather decisively that it would be a nice change not to sew any clothes for us for the next 6-9 months. It would give me more opportunity to focus on quiltmaking.

And then this came in the mail today......the latest issue of Ottobre. Inspiring as ever.Oh, dear.I think I might just have to break-and-enter those boxes in the next few weeks. So much for being strong and decisive.

2 comments:

bronya said...

that jump suit is gorgeous ... i have no doubt that you'll be able to sew an entire wardrobe, interior decorate your new house, pack up your old house and look after the kids on the side ... having said that it may be good for my self esteem if you just bought the kids clothes for the next few months :) ...

owen got home from work today and said 'i had another look at ruths blog today - she certainly knows how to get stuff done' :) i think that was a comment on the fact that when he walked in the door i was standing in the middle of a messy kitchen and junk covered table reading a magazine ...

i can't believe you are putting your house on the market ... that's HUGE news ... that's like ALMOST living in your new house ... which makes me go all gooey inside thinking of all the finer details you've put into it ... to see it all come to fruition is going to be FANTABULASTIC ... i'm excited - i can't wait ... and if there are any issues - by the time I get to see the house I'm sure you'll have sorted those out :) ... (have i said that before? - i just had a weird dejavu moment)

whoops ... long comment - should have just written an email!

Ruth said...

Bronya, just tell Owen that reading magazines is Vitally Important for Feeding the Creative Energy Required to Get Stuff Done.
On the house front, I am becoming more and more scared that all those well-thought-out-finer-details are not going to come together at all, but will result in the biggest public muck-up in a long time! :) There are rather too many people for comfort, waiting with curiosity to see how the final product turns out... Oh, well, we are committed now!