Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fairies by Hannah

I bought this book about two years ago, with the thought that 'if this doesn't inspire a little girl to sew, I don't know what will'. Hannah has just rediscovered it on the bookshelf, and bookmarked most of the projects! First up were these fairies...Hannah had to select fabrics, trace pattern pieces, cut out fabric, embroider and stitch sequins and beads on. I was surprised by how well she could do all this, and we are both very happy with the results!

3 comments:

bronya said...

they are awesome - she shows great skill already ... love usborne books ... might be one to add to my list :)

Anonymous said...

Love the Usborne Books. Chiara has the Fairy one that has paper and cloth fairies to make. Wooldridges in Gosnells have a great range. I just bought a set of "Lift the flap" books for my kids at the high school - second week into the term and they have been well used!
Tash

Prue said...

Wow - she's done a great job! Well done Hannah!