Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not a stitch

Well, I don't have a stitch of sewing to show you from the past week or so. Instead, there was a little jaunt to Albany, which included some whale watching......and a beach walk (of course)...
...during which Hannah found butterfly bones (seriously)...
...and Aaron practised adding big numbers and contemplated the multiplication of double-digit figures...
...and there was also time spent introducing favourite literature to favourite cousins...
...a selection of 'train' books...
...or the car section from Grandad's newspaper (to be enjoyed with morning 'coffee')...And then the little jaunt to Albany was followed by several frantic days of cleaning, fixing, patching, painting, gardening, and tidying in an attempt to get our home up for sale by the end of the week (self-imposed deadline, because there is nothing like a deadline for getting things done)... We're getting there, and I have high hopes for an hour or two in the sewing room tomorrow (grumpy toddlers, teething babies and real estate agents permitting).

1 comment:

Prue said...

Oh, I feel for you with getting the house ready for sale. I was (sort of) lucky in that I had broken my wrist, so our church organised a working bee to tidy up the garden and clean the house up. I was so grateful and thankful.