Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Negligent

We have worked on all manner of projects here this summer, but I have been rather negligent in sharing them with you. I blame it on a couple of things. Firstly, the light (or lack of) in this house takes the fun out of photographing my work throughout the day. Secondly, most projects have been related to our new house (giving our old furniture a new lease of life) and they're either not finished, or its too awkward to take photos of them right now. Hopefully I can share some of those after we move (in six weeks time!)
One thing I wasn't planning to do this school term was make art quilts. I had agreed (with myself) to put them on hold until we move. But that only lasted halfway the term! The quilt pictured is my current work-in-progress. It's a response to the bushfires here last month, and I plan to submit it to the Mt Romance Centennial Art Prize in Albany. Nothing like cutting it fine - it was started last week, and needs to be at the couriers by next week Friday afternoon! So I better get back to it.

2 comments:

Denise said...

love the colours....can't wait to see it.

Leanne said...

i knew you couldnt resist! :)