Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ready

The salad is mostly ready, the bread has been baked, the cookie jar is full (faux-home-baked cookies this time), the apple crumbles and sticky date puddings are made, 1200mL of cream have been whipped up, the necessary equipment has been gathered, and the pencils are sharpened. I think that makes us about ready to receive the thirty or so dinner guests who will start arriving in the next hour or so. (In case you're wondering about pencils and dinner, we will have around twenty children here, so I'm hoping that some colouring will occupy at least some of them for some of the time.) Oh, and it's a potluck, so no, I don't have to do all the cooking.

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone, but in the meantime, you will find me in the comfy armchair with some handstitching.

2 comments:

bronya said...

wow ... you are the kitchen housewife queen ... that all looks so amazing ... it's making me hungry, might just need to go off and have a small bite to eat ...

bronya said...

aha ... knew i had spotted it somewhere ...