Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tour de Stitch

We have a winter 'tradition' here at our house. It involves three weeks of French cycling, some red wine, plenty of chocolate, and frantic hours of stitching. The Tour de France is the only time we watch TV here, and we like to think of it as a little mid-winter stay-at-home holiday.Phil sets himself up in a corner of the studio, while my Tour is spent behind the sewing machine - three weeks of late-night stitching are a real treat, and I find myself frantically picking up the pace along with the riders as they get closer to the finishing line. I'm sure it's as much a race against time for me as it is for them, as I try to get just a few more quilt pieces fitted together before they cross the finish line. Somedays I 'beat the clock', and other days I disappointed with my results, but it's thoroughly enjoyable no matter what.

2 comments:

djthart said...

All Aussies win in this Tour!

Vicki Miller said...

Ruth, after reading your article in in stitches 4, I thought I would drop by and see another aussie - especially since you mentioned annemieke mien, who is also my idol. Your work is absolutely beautiful and takes my breath away!