Friday, December 9, 2011

10 years ago yesterday

10 years ago I was just thankful that all the wedding hoo-haa was done and dusted! Now I am thankful for the life-partner God has given me in Phil. A best friend whom God knew would be a perfect match. Someone who can handle (and temper) my strong opinions and creative passions as required, as well as encouraging and stimulating me in my various responsibilities.
I'm so glad the wedding only has to happen once. Any day which begins with half a morning at the hairdresser is automatically disqualified from 'best day of my life' in my book. Then add to that having to prance around in a ridiculous dress and smile for photos for the rest of the day... no thank you!

Anniversaries just might be a different story however. To celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary yesterday, Phil surprised me by organising babysitters and taking me out to dinner (to a restaurant introduced to us by dear friends just before they skipped the country). Now that is something I could happily repeat at least annually!

4 comments:

owen and bron said...

congratulations! Gods blessings for the many more years to come ... take care love o&b

Viv said...

It was not half the morning at the hairdresser! Though I do remember you weren't particularly thrilled with the end result, so I guess it would've felt like that. Congratulations to you both, I'm sure you'd never have guessed then just how the Lord would bless you in 10 years.

Denise said...

Congratulations from us, and God's blessing in the years ahead. I'd have to agree that my memory of your hairdesser experience is closer to Viv's than yours. Hey very cute flower girls and even cuter best man

ljbyl said...

Congratulations! How the years fly by! May God continue to bless...