Thursday, January 5, 2012

My goals for 2012

I love this time of the year for reviewing and refocussing on my various regular tasks as well as my ongoing list of things to do. Lisa Call's blog post this week prompted me to put into words the various ideas, wishes and goals that were swirling through my mind. I'm not entirely comfortable sharing the complete list here (and it would probably bore you completely) but here's a little overview...

I'm always reviewing my regular daily and weekly routines. I use the calendar program on my computer to schedule all my chores and recurring activities. This includes daily computer time for checking and responding to emails, updating facebook and flickr, and catching up and commenting on blogs I follow. Following Brenda's example, I bought a timer this week to manage this time.

This year, in addition to maintaining this blog, which I love doing, I also hope to spend regular time each week (also scheduled in my calendar) on developing the business side of my artwork (not so much fun, but I will use Alyson B. Stanfield's book and blog to help me along the way). I already have a long list of tasks to tackle here, one at a time.

While last year was spent working away at a body of childhood-themed quilts, this year my focus will be on exhibiting those quilts! The exhibition is titled 'To Be a Child'. Stay tuned for more details.

I'm going to make a point of visiting a gallery/exhibition at least once a month this year. I used to do this before Aaron and Hannah went to school, but found it challenging when Caleb and Daniel were babies. I'm ready to start this again though, and I'm hoping the boys will enjoy this too. This too has been scheduled into my calendar in order to make sure it happens. I am flexible with my calendar and will move things around if I need to, but I try to enter all my planned tasks and events into it as it's the best way to make sure I get around to them.
And of course I hope, the Lord willing, that there will be many more quilts in the making in 2012 because that is what I love to do the most!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Completely love this idea Ruth. Particularly the fact that a computer calendar means that any changes to the day plan can be easily made without creating a visual mess!!!!
Aimee