Thursday, March 15, 2012

Drawing the boys

Normally 6am - 10am is my most productive time of day, when I get all the various household jobs and errands out of the way. Lately, however, it has been so hard to get going in the morning, which leaves me frustrated for the rest of the day. Of course, the ongoing hot weather hasn't helped! 

It's time to make some changes to my day, though, to allow myself to start out a bit slower in the morning and save some energy to tackle some of the household tasks later in the afternoon. So yesterday, once the bigger children had gone to school I sat myself in the playroom with the boys and my sketchbook for 15 minutes or so.
Caleb and Daniel loved  me being there and I managed some little sketches of little boys playing (amazing how many different postures that involves).
 
 
 It was a most relaxing quarter of an hour, and helped to set the tone for the rest of the day (sounds rather psychological, but it worked for us!)

No comments: