Thursday, March 29, 2012

For some reason the quilts I stew over the most, turn out the best...

The quilt I've been agonising over is coming together rather nicely after all. Actually, I'm really happy with how it's looking now, and just hope it also works in the room for which it is intended. I'm looking forward to quilting this one too, but that's going to have to wait a couple of weeks.
So many things to do, and so little energy. I'm not asking for sympathy, though, because I know I am a sucker for punishment. See this....
...and this?...
That's my other work-in-progress - instilling some degree of law and order into Phil's workshop/garage. It's his birthday present from me this year. I love the chance to sort out and organise a good mess (and throw half of it away). The worst part has been completed - killing all the redback spiders and painting all the walls. When all the millions of aching muscles have settled down, the next step is to buy and set up some shelving. I know you don't come here for garage makeovers, but I'll show you the end result all the same when I get there.

Oh, and a big thankyou to everyone who has been checking out the quilts for my upcoming exhibition over at Facebook and leaving such lovely feedback. It means a lot to me!

2 comments:

Gerrit said...

That looks like it is going to be one stunning quilt!

ljbyl said...

Quilt looks great, can't wait to see finished garage. Paul loves to organise ours and now nearly everything is hanging up - I had to stop him from hanging my bike and the pram!!